Skip to main content

Atlanta & Pittsburgh January 28

Not good!

While it's still very early for a verdict & the verdict day is still just under half a year away, I have included a projected forecast which describes the theoretical likelihood of us going to Atlanta up until March 25 (Verdict day for Pittsburgh). 

Because there are now two projected forecasts, I have decided to include both of them on the same graph for the sake of being more efficient. 

As of right now I have NO specific itinerary for what lifts i would like to film in Pittsburgh OR Atlanta if I end up going to either city. However, I do have emergency backup trips set up for Hartford, New Haven & Secaucus in the event that Pittsburgh & Atlanta end up NOT working out. Furthermore if worst comes to worst, then I will save Pittsburgh & Atlanta for possible emergency backup trips for my high school graduation trip as of right now it looks like I AM graduating in 2019. They will be in place if all other 9 cities are deemed unsuitable INCLUDING CHARLOTTE & LOS ANGELES!

Please be advised the Borgata verdict will be up on EleFilm blog by 5:15 PM on Thursday night. As of now it looks like we're going! I am excited because I get to film some of my favorite traction lift models to film (OTIS Elevonic 411M)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Schindler & KONE make the best traction lifts

Over the past 2 & a half years of filming lifts at different buildings all over the Eastern Seaboard, I have managed to film a handful of OTIS, Schindler, ThyssenKrupp & KONE traction lifts. Here is my assumption: Schindler & KONE make the best traction & MRL traction lifts of any of the 4 major lift brands. Of course, this could be based on personal bias, but it doesn’t go without knowledge that Schindler lifts, are in fact, more efficient time-based than let’s say, ThyssenKrupp lifts. Here are some things that I really love about Schindler & KONE traction lifts. Their fast acceleration / leveling It is no surprise that Schindler & KONE have some of the fastest average accelerating rates of any major lift brand. This is because Schindler & KONE have a perfect reference-tackle system, which is almost unbeatable by standards of other lift brands. One thing I have noticed when riding Schindler lifts is even at low speeds (200-400 FPM), you head feels like...

A QUICK ANALYSIS OF EACH OF THE LIFTS AT BRIDGEWATER MALL IN BRIDGEWATER TOWNSHIP

I do not have much time to elaborate on every single detail of the lifts at the Bridgewater Mall in Bridgewater Township, so I will try to narrow down my analyses as quick as possible. I have no time to include pictures as visuals either, so you’ll just have to refer to the attached YouTube video below. The Mall itself Bridgewater Commons Mall is a mall from the early 1980’s that has gone through quite a few renovations and expansions over the years. Inside the mall, the original anchors are Macy’s and Bloomingdales, which both have Westinghouse lifts, still fully original to the 1980’s construction project. The carpark was added in during the 1990’s and features the first lift I filmed which was the Dover glass hydraulic. Inside the mall, there is a food court on the third floor with three sets of escalators throughout the main part of the mall, with three more sets inside the multi-level stores (Bloomingdales, Macy’s, and Lord & Taylor). The majority of the escalators are Schin...

Paramus Lift Galore: June 2022

Written on behalf of the Rising Salamander Academy Lift Galore Date: June 17 Lift Galore Time: 5:00 PM EST It's been a long time since I've last filmed lifts in person, a whole whopping half a year to be exact. I'm excited to be back, but not for long, since I have to finish up my time at Kean University & focus on graduating on time. But for the mean time, let's enjoy our summer recess, film the best lifts we can film & make the most of it! Westinghouse Lift Where: Macy's, Garden State Plaza Time Filmed: 10:10 AM (June 10) Grade: B+ Speed to Height Ratio: 8.1:1 (Fast) Landings Served: 3 The first lift of this lift galore is a 1950's Westinghouse lift which was later modernised by a generic company between the 1980's & early 2000's with EPCO Flushline fixtures on the outside, EPCO Circleline fixtures on the inside. This lift has a speed to height ratio of 8.1:1 which makes it fast for the application & number of landings. This lift is loc...